Recipe by Magic Pudding
You'll be a hit at the barbie with this great salad. It looks and tastes like it would take ages to prepare, but it doesn't take long at all. I've taken it everywhere and still get asked for it again and again. I got it from my Godmother.
- 1⁄2 lettuce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 mushrooms (adjust to taste)
- 2 eggs (boiled and grated)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (adjust to taste)
- 2 slices bacon (shredded and cooked)
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 shallots
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon French mustard (adjust to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- break the lettuce into small pieces and place it in a bowl to create the first layer.
- Add the following ingredients one layer at a time: peas, chopped mushrooms, grated eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, cut shallots, sour cream and mustard adjusting the mustard to taste.
- Pour this mixture over the layered salad and refrigerate for 3 hours but better if left to chill over night.
- Cook the shredded bacon until crispy. let it cool.
- finely dice tomato.
- chop parsley.
- Remove salad from refrigerator, cover with grated cheese then top with shredded bacon, diced tomato and chopped parsley. Serve cold and enjoy!