Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a really delicious dumpling with a meat sauce from Afghanistan. It takes quite a bit of work but is well worth the effort!
- 44.37 ml cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, Finely Chopped
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ginger, diced
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml yogurt
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 473.18 ml scallion tops, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml fresh mint, chopped
- Make the dumpling filling with the scallions, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic, mixing in a bowl.
- Place this filling into wonton wrappers, pressing them into half circles.
- For the meat sauce, sauté onion until golden, then add beef, garlic, coriander, and ginger cooking until meat is cooked through. Stir in water and continue cooking at same heat for 5 minutes, before adding tomato paste and continuing to cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, blend the yogurt, garlic and salt in a bowl for the yogurt sauce.
- Serve the dumplings covered with the meat sauce and a small amount of yogurt sauce and garnished with mint.