Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Quick hearty meal that is ready in 20 min. Note: This is a "Hungarian Goulash" typical of recipes found in North American Cookbooks and Magazines from decades past. Not to be confused with authentic Hungarian Goulash.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.78 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 198.44 g rotini pasta, cooked as directed
- salt, to taste
- Saute onions and bell pepper in oil until tender.
- Add beef, garlic, and paprika.
- Cook until beef is browned.
- Add undrained tomatoes and sauce and add tomato paste to taste starting with half a can.
- Add pasta to mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook on medium-high heat 8-10 minutes.
This was excellent! The only thing I did different was to sauté the bell pepper, green and red onion until the onions started to take on that transparent look. I then set them aside and did not add them in until the last two minutes of step 7. Used olive oil to sauté. Everyone really enjoyed this and I can’t wait to make it again!!!
Super easy yet super tasty. I took Charlotte comment on adding green pepper at the end - love those sweet and crisp of green pepper. Since I did not have any Rotini, I served mine with hot French Bread, just like a soup. Hearty and filling meal in less than 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Yep. This what I grew up on. Looks good. I usually got it with macoroni, rather than rotini.