Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe has been handed down the family and is always a big hit.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups dried fruit
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong black tea
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix dry ingredients together except for carb-soda.
- Rub in butter to above mix.
- Add carb-soda to tea then add to mix.
- Wet cloth and coat with flour, place mix in floured cloth.
- Place pudding mix wrapped in cloth into boiling water for 3hrs hours. (I have also heard of people using a steamer lined with baking paper instead of the cloth)
- Handy hint is to place a saucer in the bottom of the saucepan to place the pudding on while cooking.