Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from my favourite Aunt who always makes this for gifts at Christmas time.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces milk (melted) or 3 ounces baking chocolate (melted)
- Melt butter, add condensed milk, golden syrup and brown sugar.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer GENTLY for 20 minutes.
- Watch it!
- Remove from heat and beat in chocolate.
- Pour into a greased tin (approx 8" x 8') and leave to set.
- Cut into pieces.