Recipe by agoodcookie
This recipe comes from my brother-in-law's Auntie. We make it every Thanksgiving for him and his brother and they adore it. We've stuffed both turkey and goose with the mixture. The mixture should be made the day or night before so that it is cool and will be easier to stuff. The Grapenuts give the stuffing it's unique flavor and texture so don't omit!
- 2 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cups chopped celery & leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Grape-nuts cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute rice, celery and onions in margarine over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Gradually add water and seasonings and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 4 minutes.
- Stir in cereal and mix well, being careful not to make mushy.