1/2 Photos of Auntie's Pumpkin Pie
Baby Kato's Note:
My nephew's ask for this pie on every holiday and special occasions. We vary the crusts often...favourites are ginger cookie crust and shortbread crust. My secret ingredient is to put the whipping cream into the filling to mellow all the lovely spices I use...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust, unbaked (your favourite)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (14 oz can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees In a large bowl mix together eggs, whipping cream, pumpkin and salt.
- 2Blend well.
- 3Mix together sugar and spices.
- 4Add sugar and spice mixture to pumpkin mixture.
- 5Pour into an unbaked 9" pie crust.
- 6Bake at 450 for 10 minutes then lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for 45- 50 minutes.
- 7(filling should be firm) Excellant served hot or cold, with your favourite topping or plain.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Auntie's Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.7
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.3 mg
- Sodium 410.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 48.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g