Recipe by Heather'sKitchen
Everyone knows this recipe but I've found the ingredient to make these cookies over the top. It keeps the texture moist and not grainy. My method for dropping them keeps a nice shape too.
Top Review by KLHquilts
I went through ALL of the gazillion identical no-bake cookie recipes on Zaar, and decided to try this one because it had the secret ingredient :-). They were great, and very easy! No need to try any of the other recipes; I'll stick with this one. Flavor is great, and texture is great. Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (the important secret ingredient!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and cocoa in a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk in milk and corn syrup.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir until mixture has boiled for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, peanut butter, oats, and coconut.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop out with a cookie scoop and drop onto waxed paper. They will keep their shape.
- Allow to cool completely and store in airtight container.