Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good any day with any thing. My auntie taught me how to make it.
- 1 onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sage
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare cornbread, let cool, crumble, and place in large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop onion and celery.
- Heat the oil and sauté onion, celery, and sage for about 4-5 minutes.
- Mix cornbread and sautéed mixture.
- Stir in chicken broth, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork to toss mixture.
- Spoon the dressing into a greased 9x13-inch pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.