1/14 Photos of Auntie's Delicious Soft Pretzels, Amish Recipe
WELL - this is a yummy one! My kids LOVE to help make these! ENJOY! D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water (approx 105 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups occident flour (bread flour)
- 2 cups flour
- 1Dissolve yeast into warm water.
- 2Add sugar, then flour& mix well- do not 'knead' as this toughens the dough.
- 3(Mix just until combined well) Let rise until doubled, at least 20 minutes.
- 4Cut into long 'ropes'.
- 5Shape into pretzel shapes, then dip into prepared dipping solution.
- 6Place on well-greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- 7Bake at 500-550°F for 4-6 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Dip face of pretzel into melted butter.
- 9Variation: add 1 t vanilla to the dough.
- 10Flavor variations.
- 11Cinnamon/sugar- omit salt& dip into cinnamon sugar after face has been coated with butter.
- 12Sour cream& onion- after dipping face of pretzel in butter, sprinkle with sour cream& onion powder Garlic- same as sour cream& onion, but use garlic powder.
- 13Sesame or poppy seed--BEFORE baking, AFTER dipping into dipping solution, dip pretzel face-down into the seeds, then bake.
- 14Salt is optional with this one.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Auntie's Delicious Soft Pretzels, Amish Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1280.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g