Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from my auntie. It seems to go over well at get-togethers.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups mild salsa
- 1 cup medium hot salsa
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can olives, chopped, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped, seeded
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix and serve with tortilla chips. (I prefer Tostitos Scoops.).
- I guessed at the size of the italian dressing packet -- but use the normal size you find in the grocery.
- Better if you let sit for a bit before serving.
- Can add heat by using hotter salsa or not seeding the pepper. Be creative!