Recipe by Miss Erin C.
These are so good. I love them and have been trying to get the recipe for awhile now. My aunt finally came through for me and dug it out.
Top Review by Lennie
Very good meatballs...moist and soft, with an easy-to-make, tasty sauce I will certainly use for other dishes. DS and DH both give a hearty two-thumbs-up! These meatballs are, as you can tell by reading the recipe, lacking in seasoning...but that does not detract from the dish (although I confess I likely will add some herbs next time--and I certainly will make these again). There is a wee problem with the time listed for the recipe -- the browning of the meatballs should be included in the cooking time (btw, I browned them in the oven for 20 minutes on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and had no sticking problem). Served with veggies and egg noodles, this made for a terrific dinner!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 7 ingredients.
- Roll into 1" balls and brown, they seem to stick, so you need to watch them closely. Place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour and then the milk.
- When the flour has dissolved into the milk, add the can of soup, heat through. Pour over the meatballs and bake uncovered at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese when removed from the oven.