Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Auntie Kellie's Spicy Stuffing
- 453.59 g celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions
- 453.59 g spicy sausage
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup or 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 473.18-709.77 ml milk
- 473.18 ml applesauce
- 1 orange (optional)
- 9.85 ml sage
- 9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 340.19 g package Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml butter
- In a large pan melt 3 Tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Add celery and onions. Sauté for 10-15 minutes. Remove and set aside for later.
- Lightly brown sausage and drain.
- Add sautéed celery/onion to sausage and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- Add can of soup and 2 cups of milk. Stir and cook about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Ada 2 cups of applesauce and juice of 1 orange. Stir and heat.
- Add sage and poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir and heat on low.
- Take off heat.
- Add stuffing crumbs. Fold crumbs gently (do not stir). May need to add more. Ilk slowly if too dry.
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- Butter 2 2qt baking dishes (best to use separate dishes for baking). Add stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.