Prep 48 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Quick (to cure) and delicious. Great pickle with meats and cheeses.
Make and share this Auntie Joyce's Mustard Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 9 -12 cucumbers
- 3 vidalia onions
- coarse salt
- cold water
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Alternate sliced cucumbers and onions and sprinkle coarse salt between layers. Leave overnight, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Make sauce:.
- Mix flour, mustard, turmeric and curry powder and liquefy with some of the vinegar.
- Heat rest of the vinegar and white sugar and add to above mixture and make a smooth sauce.
- Add to cucumbers and bring to full boil.
- Fill sterilised jars and seal.