Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from my husbands Auntie Fran. I just had this a couple of weeks ago, and loved it. Thought that you would too. I use the drumsticks so that we have more meat for dinner. But can be used with the wings for a pot luck etc.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 -4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 20 small chicken wings (I use drumsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Combine sugar,salt,bouliion cube, vinegar,ketchup and soya sauce.
- Dissolve and heat to boil.
- Combine with chicken in slow cooker (med) for 3 1/2 hours Add another 1 hours if using drumsticks.
- Mix corstarch and water, add to chicken cook for approx another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and veggies.
I just dumped frozen chicken wings on at mid-day and this was ready for dinner. I cooked it in my crockpot on HIGH for 4 hours. Great sauce over rice. Thanks!