Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Best of the Best from America Cookbook by Gwen McKee & Barbara Mosely, c. 2008. A chicken pot pie you can make without deboning a chicken and peeling vegetables. Easy & tasty! I have make with 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom - I use whatever soups I have in the pantry.
- 2 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shells
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Prick bottom of pie shell all over with fork. Bake, uncovered, at 375* for 10 minutes.
- Combine chicken, vegetables, onion rings, soup, and salt. Fill bottom pie shell with mixture. Place second pie shell on top. Prick with fork in 6 places. Set on a foil-covered oven rack to catch spills.
- Bake uncovered at 375* for 40 minutes.
This was pretty good, I used leftover chicken instead of the canned. I also added a little garlic and some thyme and basil. It took 50 minutes to cook. I let it sit for about 15 minutes to let it set and it still poured out like soup but tasted good. Thanks for posting