Recipe by TJW
When we lived in Hawaii, we took in a good friend named Devon and she cooked this for us. Our family named the recipe Auntie Devon's pancakes. Super easy and great for a Sunday brunch, or easy-going family breakfast. Not for the calorie counters!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix together flour, milk, eggs, and nutmeg in a large bowl until incorporated, but don't over-mix.
- Melt 1 stick butter in a 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- Pour the above mixture in the pan; don't spread.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until puffed up and slightly golden.
- Pull pan out of the oven and immediately sprinkle with 4 Tbsp confectioner's sugar and 1 lemon (it may sound strange, but don't omit this part, the lemon and powdered sugar are what make this recipe so fantastic!)
- Serve with jam or maple syrup-- delicious!