Recipe by Ranikabani
My aunt Betty is my mother's first cousin. She came to visit us from India for a few months and while she was here, she prepared this delicious fish dish.
- 1⁄4 cup green coriander
- 3 -4 green chilies
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 6 kingfish steaks or 6 swordfish steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamed coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the tamarind in a small bowl of water for 15 minutes.
- Cut fish.
- Wash with salt and water.
- Combine first three ingredients in a frying pan.
- Add the spices, salt, and oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are tender, add coconut.
- When coconut has blended into the sauce, add fish.
- Cook until done.