Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate cream wafer, crumbled (1/2 pkg)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (NO MARGARINE)
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- CRUST Roll out chocolate cream wafers on wax paper.
- Mix crumbled wafers, butter and nuts in the bottom of a 10" spring form pan.
- Using a piece of wax paper, press mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Place pan in refrigerator or freezer while preparing the filling.
- FILLING Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour on top of prepared crust and bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn oven off and close door.
- TOPPING Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over cheesecake. Return to oven, but do not reheat oven.
- Leave in warm oven for 10 minutes with the door closed.
- Open door and leave cake in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Allow cake to cool on wire rack.
- FINAL TOUCH Freeze Hershey bar.
- When cake is cooled, shave frozen chocolate on top of cake. Refrigerate overnight.