Recipe by jenleighd
Got this easy, delish recipe for super moist chocolate chip banana bread from my mother-in-law. This recipe is awesome for when you have a couple overly ripe bananas sitting around. The cinnamon and vanilla are my own addition, and I usually leave out the nuts and sprinkle some oats on top, but it can be tweaked to however you like, or even turned into pumpkin bread instead! I advise against using low fat substitutes in place of the cream/buttermilk because the cream keeps it moist.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together butter, egg, bananas, cream, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer, half at a time, and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.