1/19 Photos of Auntie Anne's Pretzels - Copycat
From Copykat.com http://www.copykat.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve.
- 2Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- 3Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- 4While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp baking soda.
- 5Be certain to stir often.
- 6After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape.
- 7Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet.
- 8Allow pretzels to rise again.
- 9Bake in oven at 450 for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- 10Brush with melted butter.
- 11Toppings: After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt.
- 12Or for Auntie Anne's famous Cinnamon Sugar, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another shallow bowl make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- 13Dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously.
- 14Then dip again into the cinnamon mixture.
- 15Notes: The longer and thinner you can make the dough rope, the more like Auntie Anne's they will be.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Auntie Anne's Pretzels - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 2667.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 13.4 g