Recipe by Kim D.
My Mom received this recipe from her mother's sister. My family, as well as my other aunts and cousins have all enjoyed these crisp little cookies for years. It's one of our favorites and hopefully it will become a favorite of your family too! (I guessed at the number of cookies the recipe yields--they tend to disappear before I can ever count them)
Top Review by tctaj_7056047
My husband is allergic to eggs so I was very excited to find this recipe. He loves these cookies, we all love them. I made a batch for my daughter to take to school for a class party and they were a BIG hit!!! The teachers were asking for a copy of the recipe and if they could have the left over cookies to take home. I have also substituted almond flavoring for the vanilla as well as lemon.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar, powdered sugar, oil, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Mix well.
- Take teaspoonfuls of dough & roll into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and press to about the size of a nickel.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.