1/1 Photo of Aunt Woofie's Macaroni Salad
1 hr 30 mins
I have been making my Macaroni Salad like this for years. . The juice from the green olives and pickles really add to the flavor of the salad. Slice the olives and pickles before measuring them. This is really good if you make it the night before you are going to serve it. It gives the different flavors and juices a chance to blend really well. I don't like my pasta salads with a lot of mustard so I use horseradish sauce. You can replace it with more mustard if you want. I use the mustard for color only. Prep time is approximate. Cook time is the refrigeration time. This recipe can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked salad macaroni (or any kind of macaroni)
- 2 quarts water, in a pan
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1/4 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brine, from green olives
- 1 tablespoon brine, from pickles
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (for color, you can add more if you want.)
- 1/4 cup milk (if needed)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped hamburger dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- paprika (optional)
- 1Bring water to a boil and add macaroni.
- 2Cook until macaroni is done.
- 3Drain, rinse and set aside.
- 4In a medium sized bowl mix next 6 ingredients together until well blended.
- 5If the mixture is too thick add the milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- 6Add the sliced black and green olives, chopped pickles, chopped onion and chopped egg.
- 7Stir until well blended.
- 8Add the macaroni and mix well until the macaroni is covered with the mixture.
- 9You may need to add a little bit more milk to make it easier to mix together.
- 10Add a tablespoon or so at a time.
- 11Garnish with the egg slices.
- 12Sprinkle with Paprika if desired.
- 13Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Woofie's Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 826.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: