Recipe by TheDancingCook
These are similar to a sloppy joe or a cheeseburger and this recipe is written specifically to make ahead and freeze until you want them. Kid friendly, works great for busy weeknights served aside some french fries or tater tots. This recipe has been in my family for years; came from my Aunt Weezie out in Indiana.
Top Review by ktenille
I omitted the pickles and used onion powder (very picky kids) but these were fantastic! I made them OAMC and they were great that way. A nice filling snack in a hurry. I've also made them up just adding the cheese to the other ingredients once they were cooked and letting it melt right in. These are great! Kids loved them. I loved them. Everyone I've ever fed them to has loved them! Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 -12 ounces ketchup
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced
- 3⁄4-1 lb muenster cheese (cubed or shredded)
- 8 -10 hamburger buns (regular sized)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion; drain and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef mixture, ketchup, pickles and cheese until mixed well.
- Put mixture in buns, wrap in aluminum foil and place in a freezer-safe ziplock bag and freeze.
- When you are ready to eat, pull them from freezer and keep them in the foil.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.