Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my sweet Aunt Verna. Every time I make it, I will always think of her. It's delicious and I like to serve it with rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble ground beef into bowl Add oats, onion, egg, salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients but do not overmix or meatballs will be tough.
- Form meatballs (should make about 12-15).
- Brown the outside of meatballs in skillet Place browned meatballs in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Combine cream of celery soup and milk and pour over meatballs.
- Continue cooking meatballs 10 additional minutes.
Yummy meatballs. Think I will also try them with cream of mushroom soup. Thanks for posting this great recipe. It's a keeper!
These meatballs are excellent! They are even better the second day.