Recipe by Mirj
My Aunt Tzipporah lives in the most amazing retirement village (this is where I'm going to go in 30 years). She got this recipe at a cooking class given there.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good dish which we enjoyed. It also is a very good meal to make after work, as it is so easy to make! The subs I made was using Crispex Cereal (out of cornflakes) and I also used the tarragon option. I other change I made was basting the chicken the last 10 minutes or so with the sauce (which is wonderful by the way). Thanks for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 8 (1/2 ounce) skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with tines of fork; microwave on HIGH 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in shallow dish beat egg with water; place corn flake crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then crumbs to coat completely.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray; place chicken on sheet.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks; place on sheet with chicken.
- Coat potatoes with cooking spray; sprinkle with sage.
- Season chicken and potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 40 minutes until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and potatoes are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce: in bowl mix barbecue sauce, honey and yellow mustard.
- Serve chicken and potatoes with sauce for dipping.