Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My Aunt Tzipporah lives in the most amazing retirement village (this is where I'm going to go in 30 years). She got this recipe at a cooking class given there.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 8 (1/2 ounce) skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with tines of fork; microwave on HIGH 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in shallow dish beat egg with water; place corn flake crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then crumbs to coat completely.
- Coat rimmed baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray; place chicken on sheet.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks; place on sheet with chicken.
- Coat potatoes with cooking spray; sprinkle with sage.
- Season chicken and potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 40 minutes until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and potatoes are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce: in bowl mix barbecue sauce, honey and yellow mustard.
- Serve chicken and potatoes with sauce for dipping.
Very good dish which we enjoyed. It also is a very good meal to make after work, as it is so easy to make! The subs I made was using Crispex Cereal (out of cornflakes) and I also used the tarragon option. I other change I made was basting the chicken the last 10 minutes or so with the sauce (which is wonderful by the way). Thanks for sharing!