Recipe by Hope's in the kitchen
This recipe has been in our family for as long as I can remember. We'd have it every Thanksgiving. There are never any leftovers. Served warm with real butter--heaven.
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease two loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, add oil, water, pumpkin; mix well.
- Sift flour, then sift together with sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder and spices.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add pumpkin mixture; stir well.
- Turn into loaf tins.
- Bake for approximately one hour or until loaves test done.
- Remove pans from oven and set on wire racks to cool.
- Remove from pans, eat, or wrap in foil. Can be frozen.