Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My dear old Aunt Tootsie got this recipe somewhere at some point in time, but it became "Aunt Tootsie's Lemon Cake" because it is so delicious she always baked us one at every visit.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients nad pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Punch holes in warm cake and pour glaze over it. Leave in pan until cool. Sift powdered sugar on top.
Wonderfully tart and sweet! Only made one layer for a Thanksgiving buffet. Enjoyed by all. Thanks for posting.
This was great! easy to mix....good flavor...will be a favorite for years to come....