Recipe by New B
This was a recipe that was given to my mother from my Aunt who passed away about 12 years ago. It sounds a little weird but is actually very, very good and easy to make!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
We really enjoyed these! I made some changes to lighten the recipe a bit. Like another poster, I only used a very small amount of butter on each sandwich (I even left the butter out of one entirely, and couldn't tell the difference). I also used low-fat mayo (but did use full-fat sour cream). Other than that, I followed the directions just as written, and was very happy with the result...it still tasted very rich. I'll be making these again -- thanks for sharing!
- 2 (7 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) container margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package swiss cheese (or what ever cheese you prefer)