Recipe by pamela t.
We use this wonderful sauce on steak, fish, chicken, fajitas, hamburgers, even drizzled over baked potatoes. Because you can use the roasted red peppers in the jar, this sauce is quick and easy. Originally this reciped was from a cookbook titled Cheap!Fast!Good!
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (unsalted is best)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers or 2 fresh red bell peppers, roasted
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place almonds in the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Peel garlic and add it.
- Add rosemary and oregano.
- Pulse and finely chop garlic and herbs.
- Drain peppers and add them.
- Add vinegar, salt, sugar, and cayenne. Pulse motor to mix the ingredients.
- Drizzle the oil through the feed tube with the processor running.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or store in a covered container in the fridge for one week.