Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy and yummy it's totally like cheating! This was a staple at family potluck gatherings when I was a kid. I live too far away to attend very many family events now but I make this once in a while just to reminisce. You can double or triple this recipe according to your needs.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork & beans (Van Camps, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a mixing bowl combine pork & beans, green pepper,onion, bacon, molasses, ketchup, mustard, and worcestershire sauce. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nice flavour and I enjoyed the still crunchy onions and peppers (sweet red bell pepper for us). Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Excellent! I thought this might be an ordinary baked pork and bean recipe, but it has a certain depth of flavor that is unexpected. I love all the onions and peppers. It must be the molasses? Made for PAC Fall 2009.