Recipe by ctrmom
Wow. My husband's aunt gave me this recipe at a bridal shower. Why did I wait 20 years to make it? The flavor is better if you can wait a day or two to eat this.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 (17 ounce) can coconut in heavy syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 -4 tablespoons coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add flavorings and coconut milk.
- Add 1 cup of flour at a time.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour into Bundt pan (well-greased and floured).
- Bake at 325 about 1 hour + 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Note : This makes a lot of batter, so be careful not to fill the pan to full.
- Icing: Mix the softened cream cheese with the sugar and extracts. Add coconut milk until this reaches a good consistency, to barely drip down the sides of the Bundt cake. Stir in the nuts. Adjust the consistency if necessary. Pour/spread over the cooled cake. You may want to do this on a rack with something beneath to catch the drips.