Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My late Aunt Ruth was happiest in her kitchen. Her recipe for Rhubarb Torte is one I know you will enjoy. It is easy to prepare and oh so darn G-O-O-D!!!!
- Combine sugar& cornstarch.
- Stir in rhubarb& water.
- Cook& stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Reduce heat, cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add food coloring.
- Spread on graham wafer crust and let cool.
- Fold marshmallows into whipped cream and spoon over rhubarb mixture.
- Prepare pudding according to package instructions and spread over all.
- Sprinkle with graham wafer crumbs.
- Chill (Best chilled overnight).
I chose this recipe because it sounded divine and because I have a dear Aunt Ruth myself. I baked my crust for about 5 min. which made it a cross between baked/unbaked. It was sturdy but still had nice crumbs to it. My rhubarb cooked to a pretty pink/red so I didn't add any food color. This recipe was "to die for!" I made it in a glass 8 inch pan and the layers set beautifully. I couldn't get over how the marshmallow layer magically tasted like meringue! My guests loved it and I was so happy that I chose this dessert. It's know a "tried and true" family favorite that I will make again and again. Thanks Nova Scotia Cook, for posting! Roxygirl