Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Once I was in Aunt Ruth's kitchen and she was trying to get me to eat something. I wasn't hungry, but she kept offering - can I make a sandwich? want some soup? etc. She couldn't help herself. So I teased her and she laughed. And then, without even realizing it, she asked, "Do you want a cookie?" Aunt Ruth's cookies are legendary. I said yes. Beware - this recipe makes a lot of cookies (number depends on how big you form them). You will eat a lot of them.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time.
- Shape into little thin rolls - cut in to little "fingers".
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes until bottoms start to barely brown.
- Let set on baking sheet for five minutes.
- When cool, roll in powdered sugar.