Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My aunt gave my grandmother this recipe many years ago, and it has been TREASURED in our family ever since. Try it sometime, and it will be one of your FAVORITES TOO!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs (room temperature eggs beat better) or 4 small eggs (room temperature eggs beat better)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix and sift flour, salt and baking powder, and set aside.
- Beat eggs until creamy.
- Beat vanilla into beaten eggs. Add sugar slowly to egg mixture, using a spoon.
- Sift flour mixture, 3 T. at a time, into egg mixture.
- Melt butter in hot milk and add to mixture. Keep milk hot, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Cook in a 8x8" greased, floured pan, in a 350 oven for 30-35 minutes.