Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on the Net in response to a request.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Grease and flour a 10x15 inch pan; line a second 10x15 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/4 cup oil, 1-1/2 cups milk and 4 eggs; beat 4 minutes on high speed on mixer.
- Divide batter into the two 10x15 inch pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean; allow to cool.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine 2 cups icing sugar, 1/2 cup milk, shortening, butter, vanilla and flour; beat with mixer on high speed for 5 minutes, or until it achieves the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spread filling over the layer in the greased pan.
- Loosen the sides of the other layer by running a knife around the edge between the cake and the pan.
- Flip the cake onto the frosted layer.
- Remove the pan and parchment paper from the top layer and serve.