Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Aunt Rhoda's famous caramel corn!! Everyone will love the fun treat. A great snack for a family movie night!
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in large bowl and set aside.
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda, mix well.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Pour into 2 greased 13X9 pans.
- Bake uncovered at 250 for 45 minutes.
- ,stirringevery 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container.