Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My aunt would make these for all the holidays we would have at her house. These were always the first to go and we never got enough.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I use the Italian flavored ones)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄8 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make small balls the size of melon balls (or however big you want them as this makes a LOT of little meatballs).
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes (for small melon ball size meatballs).
- Bake longer if making larger meatballs.
Yum! I made these for my once a month cooking and tried one right out of the oven. These are juicy and the allspice gives it a very interesting flavor. I will be using these in three ways: sandwiches, mini calzones, and pizza. For the calzones, I'm using an idea from chef Bekah to wrap each meatball in a biscuit (I'm using refigerator biscuits) and bake them, then dip them in marinara sauce. I minced, rather than chopped the onions for a finer texture. I also think the pork meat added a very good flavor. I forgot to use Italian flavored bread crumbs, so used some French bread crumbs.