Recipe by Kristen in Chicago
My aunt would make these for all the holidays we would have at her house. These were always the first to go and we never got enough.
Top Review by Annie H
Yum! I made these for my once a month cooking and tried one right out of the oven. These are juicy and the allspice gives it a very interesting flavor. I will be using these in three ways: sandwiches, mini calzones, and pizza. For the calzones, I'm using an idea from chef Bekah to wrap each meatball in a biscuit (I'm using refigerator biscuits) and bake them, then dip them in marinara sauce. I minced, rather than chopped the onions for a finer texture. I also think the pork meat added a very good flavor. I forgot to use Italian flavored bread crumbs, so used some French bread crumbs.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I use the Italian flavored ones)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄8 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make small balls the size of melon balls (or however big you want them as this makes a LOT of little meatballs).
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes (for small melon ball size meatballs).
- Bake longer if making larger meatballs.