1 hr 5 mins
I have had this recipe for over 15 years and it is still as great and easy today as it was years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2-3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream softened margarine/butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Mix in egg yolks one at a time and then the peel and vanilla.
- 4Add flour and mix until blended and you are able to make a ball with the dough.
- 5Take 1/4 of the dough and place it in a separate bowl.
- 6Take the remaining dough and flatten it evenly in an 8 x 8 square pan.
- 7Spread jam evenly over flattened dough.
- 8Add the flour and sugar to the 1/4 dough and mix, then crumble it.
- 9Spread the crumbs evenly on top of jam.
- 10Bake for 50 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Rachel's Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 138.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g