Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have had this recipe for over 15 years and it is still as great and easy today as it was years ago.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream softened margarine/butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg yolks one at a time and then the peel and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix until blended and you are able to make a ball with the dough.
- Take 1/4 of the dough and place it in a separate bowl.
- Take the remaining dough and flatten it evenly in an 8 x 8 square pan.
- Spread jam evenly over flattened dough.
- Add the flour and sugar to the 1/4 dough and mix, then crumble it.
- Spread the crumbs evenly on top of jam.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned.
Buttery , crumbly , and melt in the mouth GOOD !!! These are very easy to make and turn out very well . I used rasberry jam and , I am sure any other flavor of jam will work just as well . I will be baking these lovely bars again soon !!!