1/5 Photos of Aunt Pittypat's Caramel Icing
Sara 76's Note:
Use this icing to cover Peachtree Street Gingerbread Cake(Peachtree Street Gingerbread Cake)! This recipe comes from the "Gone With The Wind Cook Book - Famous Southern Cooking Recipes". There is a note in the foreward which I love: "Gone With The Wind told of a style of living. as well as a romantic drama, A way of living, playing, and eating that thrilled us all."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugars and milk and bring to the boil, stirring gently.
- 2Boil without stirring, until a little mixture forms a very soft ball when dropped in cold water.
- 3Add butter, remove from heat and cool until lukewarm.
- 4Beat at medium speed until thick, creamy, and of a consistency to spread.
- 5If necessary, place over hot water to keep soft while spreading, or beat in a little milk.
- 6This will fill and frost a 2-layer 9 inch cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Pittypat's Caramel Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1024 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 154.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g