Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very yummy! Use chicken on the bone (skin on or off). Mix up the sauce, can marinate the chicken in it, and then bake. This also works for steak. Aunt Phyllis got this recipe from her Aunt Muriel. It is like a BBQ sauce but not smokey. The recipe uses ingredients most people will have on hand.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low sodium works well
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken.
- Place chicken in the sauce mixture and coat.
- You can let this marinate or you can bake now in the sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for an hour.
- Serve with the sauce (you can skim the fat prior to serving).
- This chicken can be made ahead and reheated the next day.