Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty cheese ball with the added intense flavor of instant cheese sauce. This has become a favorite at our house for the holidays. I think I found it originally at allrecipes.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened some
- 1⁄2 package instant cheddar cheese sauce mix (out of the blue Kraft Mac n'cheese box)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 -2 cup chopped nuts
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and butter or margarine.
- Stir in cheese powder, cheddar cheese, green onion, lemon juice and parsley.
- Shape mixture into 2 large balls or logs, and roll them in the chopped walnuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.