Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Aunt Phyllis' SIL Betty. Betty served this at a sedar. This calls for 1/4 cup vinegar but you may choose to use a bit less if you don't like a strong vinegar taste. Aunt Phyllis said it was delicious! The nuts can be ground in a blender and if you choose, you can substitute sesame seeds. This is really like a vinaigrette over cooked beans. Very easy.
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml salt
- 59.14 ml wine vinegar, may want to use less
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml ground walnuts, can substitute sesame seeds
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the beans and mix.
- Drop the beans into enough salted boiling water to cover them and cook for about 10 minutes, until tender. Drain beans in a colander.
- Toss the beans together with the the sauce and serve immediately or cover with foil and serve within 45 minutes.