Aunt Phyllis gave me this recipe and said it is alway a hit when she makes it. I have to get her involved in this website!
- 113.39 g margarine
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (737.08 g) can minced clams, reserving juice
- 236.59 ml clam juice, use reserved and add more if needed for a total of 1 cup
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml parsley flakes
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 226.79 g seasoned stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm is good
- parmesan cheese, for the top
- Saute first 4 ingredients in a large skillet, simmering for a few minutes.
- Combine and add the next 7 ingredients and then add the stuffing slowly until you have an oatmeal consistency.
- Place in a casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 20-30 minutes.
This was a very good Clam Casserole. So quick and easy. We will for sure make this again. Thanks for posting.
Wow! I'm a clam nut! I have, for 30 yrs or more, made oyster stuffing on Thanksgiving for my family with Pepperidge Farm. This was a new one....however, I LOVE real, live clams - and, believe it or not, the big Quaghog ones! So....I used them in this recipe, chopping them up and using their liquor. Heavy on the butter, and this was fantastic! Thank you!
I've had similar oyster casseroles, but I must say I like the clam version better. I made this with butter and used 1 extra can of chopped (not minced) clams..... just because I love clams and like big clam chunks. Thanx for posting your aunts recipe and tell her we loved it!