Recipe by BeachGirl
Cranberry sauce makes this a little different from most congealed salads. Recipe was from my Aunt Phil in Virginia. Especially good with turkey, chicken or pork. Time does not include chilling time.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix gelatin and 1/2 cup water, stirring to mix.
- Add boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin.
- Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Add cranberry sauce and whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Add pineapple, celery and nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, or mold of your choice.
- Chill several hours or overnight, until firmly set.
- Cut into nine squares and serve on bed of lettuce.