Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Aunt Peggy's Smoky Cheese Bacon Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded smoked white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a medium skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Increase heat to med-high, and cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 6 ( 6x3 inch) miniature loaf pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add cheeses, stirring to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, sour cream, 1/2 cup melted butter, and eggs.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are combined.
- Stir in bacon and caramelized onions.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.