Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an old family recipe, and one which deserves to be passed down for many generations! Everybody loves it. Cook time does not include freezing.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- Stir together flour, walnuts, brown sugar, and butter.
- Spread in 9x13 pan and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until golden (stir often to keep crumbly).
- Remove to rack to cool, and set aside about 1/3 cup of the cooled mixture.
- Beat remaining ingredients, except cream, at high speed until stiff.
- Whip cream and fold carefully into strawberry mixture.
- Pour into pan over cooled walnut mixture, and sprinkle reserved 1/3 cup over top.
- Freeze at least 6 hours, removing from freezer just before serving.
This is one awesome dessert!! It is not over sweet and the strawberry creamy taste is fantastic!! YUM Thanks Messy Cook