Recipe by A Messy Cook
This is an old family recipe, and one which deserves to be passed down for many generations! Everybody loves it. Cook time does not include freezing.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, walnuts, brown sugar, and butter.
- Spread in 9x13 pan and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until golden (stir often to keep crumbly).
- Remove to rack to cool, and set aside about 1/3 cup of the cooled mixture.
- Beat remaining ingredients, except cream, at high speed until stiff.
- Whip cream and fold carefully into strawberry mixture.
- Pour into pan over cooled walnut mixture, and sprinkle reserved 1/3 cup over top.
- Freeze at least 6 hours, removing from freezer just before serving.