Recipe by Kendra*
I got this recipe years ago from my Aunt Norma. It's the one candy my DH asks me to make every Christmas. It makes a kind of crunchy toffee. If you like your toffee chewier, you could cook it for less time.
Top Review by Liara
Love this recipe! I've been wanting to make toffee for ages but I don't have a candy thermometer. This was just perfect and rather addictive...lol. I did use butter instead of margarine otherwise didn't change a thing. Thanks so much!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread nuts on bottom of a well-buttered 8X8 pan.
- Combine margarine and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a full boil.
- Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over nuts, being sure to cover them all.
- Scatter chocolate chips over toffee.
- Cover until chips have softened, then spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set, turn out on a board and break into bite-sized pieces.