I got this recipe years ago from my Aunt Norma. It's the one candy my DH asks me to make every Christmas. It makes a kind of crunchy toffee. If you like your toffee chewier, you could cook it for less time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread nuts on bottom of a well-buttered 8X8 pan.
- 2Combine margarine and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a full boil.
- 3Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Pour mixture over nuts, being sure to cover them all.
- 5Scatter chocolate chips over toffee.
- 6Cover until chips have softened, then spread evenly.
- 7Refrigerate until chocolate has set, turn out on a board and break into bite-sized pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Norma's Chocolate Nut Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 143.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g