Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe years ago from my Aunt Norma. It's the one candy my DH asks me to make every Christmas. It makes a kind of crunchy toffee. If you like your toffee chewier, you could cook it for less time.
- Spread nuts on bottom of a well-buttered 8X8 pan.
- Combine margarine and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a full boil.
- Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over nuts, being sure to cover them all.
- Scatter chocolate chips over toffee.
- Cover until chips have softened, then spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set, turn out on a board and break into bite-sized pieces.